Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Comic-book Night - 02-27-13

It's "New Comic-book Night" once again (Wednesday). As happens sometimes, nothing on my pull list came out today, so I bought myself a bunch of back-issues. It's the end of the month and I had a little spare money in the budget (spent $50 less on groceries than I thought I would).  I'm still mostly getting my comics digitally, so I didn't need to go to the comic-book shop at all.  Instead, I went to +comiXology and spent about $28 on digital comics.  I pulled in quite a haul for that amount, since most digital comics are only $1.99, compared to $3.99 in most cases (or $2.99 for some books).  I can't snap pictures of online comics the way I can hard copies, but I decided to make a small collage of the ones I bought:



For those needing to squint, the top two rows are Earth-2 #4-6, #0 and Worlds' Finest #4-6, #0.  On the recommendation of my friend, +Stuart Johnson, I have started reading these two series. I read the first three last week, and now I am working on the next four.  These two series are only on issue #9, so if I keep liking them, I will complete these series and add them to my pull list next week.

The other issues showing in the image are the covers of Dynamite Entertainment's Red Sonja - She-devil with a Sword issues #7-12, which is the second story arc of that series.  I was a big Red Sonja fan back in the 70s/80s as a youth, so I picked up the first couple of issues on a whim, and it has turned out to be an excellent series. I will do a Year 1 review of it when I complete these issues.

Again this is quite a haul for $28, and I am looking forward to having lots of great weekend reading to do.  I'm also rather optimistic about adding either Earth-2 or Worlds' Finest to my regular pull list, since both are very good so far -- much better than the New 52 series I have dropped recently (Action Comics and Superman).  My "regular monthly pull list" might be starting to shape up, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment